OGsql is a very robust application that will perform correctly on almost any platform that meets the requirements of the underlying operating system and Microsoft SQL Server 2012. OGsql performance is dependent on many variables such as:
- Size of database
- Number of concurrent users
- Level of OGsql processing
- User expectations
These variables, combined with external forces such as other applications competing for system resources make it impossible to create a single minimum hardware recommendation. Even so, OGsys recommends the following minimum configuration for an OGsql installation with a database size of less than 5GB, 10 or less concurrent users and no other significant applications on the server. If your anticipated usage of OGsql is more than the above, please contact us and we will provide a tailored hardware recommendation based on your needs.
- Dual Core Processor at 2.5GHz
- 4GB RAM [On x64 or Virtual machines 6GB‐12GB or higher preferred]
- Physically separate disk volumes for the OS and SQL Database
- 100Base Ethernet network [Certified]
- Windows Server 2012 or later required
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later required
We also recommend the following minimums on workstations accessing the OGsql applications:
- Dual Core Processor at 2.0 GHz
- 4GB RAM
- 100Base Ethernet [Certified]
Any increase in these specifications will boost performance for OGsql. There are some specific areas that will provide more benefit than others:
- SQL Database located on a RAID volume that combines redundancy and increased performance (i.e. RAID5, RAID1+0 or RAID 0+1)
- Additional/Faster Processors/Cores at the server. When combined with a sufficient edition of SQL Server, OGsql will experience a significant performance boost in multi‐tasking scenarios.
- GigE (1000Base) network.
- Additional memory at the server. When combined with a 64bit server operating system and a sufficient edition of SQL Server, the additional RAM will reduce pressure on the disk system.
- As any SQL DBA will tell you, there are myriad techniques to boost performance of a SQL based application. In our experience, the above list has provided the most noticeable performance increases with the least amount of complicated database configuration changes.
OGsys will not support Microsoft products past the end of their life cycle.